CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Remember the Alamo

Me, Amber and Kayden




Wow what a day. I had no idea what I was getting into but my experience far outweighed my expectations. I am a little hesitant to try to explain the event because honestly I still don't understand what left-wing, right-wing extremist and radicals all really mean. What I do understand is that we were protesting the extreme spending which was bad with Bush and is continuing to worsen with Obama. I get that. It was a very peaceful calm gathering of concerned Americans-Texans first (right Amber?) except for this one guy who stumbled into our area arguing the other side. I immediately panicked when he started yelling at the other protesters. In my mind it was all over. LOL I have never been a part of any type of protest and from what I've heard they usually end bad. So in my mind the guns and knives were about to come out and I wanted us to get out of there before the kids got hurt. Fortunately, I overreacted. Go figure. The peaceful protesters ran off the trouble maker and everything went on as planned. It was great to be there for Glen Beck's show. If you look really hard you could see us to the left standing beside a big white sign with red lettering. Ted Nugent was great. I had no idea who he was either until I found out that he played Cat Scratch Fever. Oh yeah. That's when I got excited. He played the Star-Spangled Banner on his electric guitar and it was great. The sun was hot, the Alamo was beautiful and I stepped across Colonel Travis's line for the first time. What a great day!
Check out this blue flag. Apparently it is the Republic of Texas flag. Pretty cool
Before the show, Glen Beck enjoying his fame.

Kameron and Josh

2 comments:

The Bright Family said...

Thank you for going with me!! They say they are doing it again July 4th!!! Maybe we'll stay in Corpus this time. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a neat thing to be a part of!!

(I love Ted Nugent too...)