CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Beach Run

These are pictures of what I was able to enjoy on my jog.
The mean sand before I turned around.
Pretty palm tree lines streets.
Christus Spohn Shoreline. Maybe Jason will be here one day. Because remember...we are not moving again. :)

Skate park next to the water.




After much encouragement from Jason I decided to go for a jog down on Ocean Drive this morning. I parked at FBC because I was scared to leave my car in one of the park lots for fear of it being broken into. Ok, things are looking good. It's a nice day. The wind is blowing a little but, not too bad. So I take off down the sidewalk along the water. Wow, it's so pretty and calm. I'm feeling pretty strong so I think, oh I'll just run as far as I can. Maybe run down to the American Bank Center. Not thinking about how far I would be from my car when I got there. So I'm coasting along I've got a good tailwind feeling confident. During this time I decided that I was being a bit overly ambitious so I decided to turn around about 2 miles into it. Ok, that's not bad. Just 4 miles. I can do this. But, wait, the wind seemed to be blowing much harder in this direction. What was going on? What happened to my speed? I swear the wind must have been blowing 40mph. I am not exaggerating. Shortly after I turned around the sand began flying too. Almost immediately I was covered in sand as it pelted me in my face, on my arms and my legs. Ouch!!! I got a little nervous because I knew I could not feel this kind of misery for two more miles until I got back to my car. Fortunately once I got past a hotel the sand pelting stopped. Thank goodness. But, the wind did not. I honestly started choking on the wind. I was dry heaving. What??? I honestly think it was rattling my uvula. (you know that hangy down thing in the back of your throat?) I don't know what else it could have been. Let me tell you, I must have looked a mess. Struggling against the wind covered in sand and dry heaving for two miles back to my car. Neadless to say, I will not be running that route again. Sorry Jason but you can have Ocean drive. I'm going back to the neighborhood where I have a wind break. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're a loooooooooong way from Tyler, Texas!!! :) We don't choke on the sand here, just the pollen.

Its beautiful there though....I don't blame you, I wouldn't move again either!!

Just come back to visit once in a while...

The Bright Family said...

I think you need to get a gym membership after all. :) & Josh said he wants to change his name to Fanta.

Allison Cunningham said...

LOL