CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Best Mother's Day Ever!

Homemade Mother's Day cards with pop-up squirrels and chicks inside. :0)

Adiah's fact sheet for me. She knows that I like my naps. :0)



Adiah's



Ava's poem. There is a tea bag attatched at the top.




This is the pin that I wore everywhere today. We tried to get it in the pictures at the muffin shop.





Ava's. Mom is proud, happy, fun but best of all my mom is mine. This is precious.






My Mother's Day loot.



Self Portait


What was left of my blueberry cheesecake muffin.




Ava's cinnamon swirl.





And of course, Adiah's Death by Chocolate.




I brought home the double chocolate for later. Yum! So much for my diet I started yesterday. :)



They opened the door for me.








Aren't they the BEST!!!!




Today was a wonderful day. I woke up to whispering and planning between Adiah and Ava. Jason was not here so it was up to them to make this day special for me and they really did. Adiah immediately asked for the cell phone to call her daddy because they had gift cards for My Favorite Muffin hidden somewhere and she needed to find them quickly. After the gift cards were located I was showered with handmade gifts from their school. They were so sweet and proud of everything they did. Adiah said, "Did you notice that I did everything in blue? I know it's your favorite color." She had asked me a couple of weeks ago what my favorite color was and she wanted to make her art extra special for me. Ava's extra special gift was the poem she read to me out loud in just the right rhythm. She was very proud of herself. We got ready and headed out to My Favorite Muffin and had a great breakfast. After that we went to Barnes and Nobles and spent some time reading and buying new books for everyone. Of course I had to go shop a little after that and they were wonderful and seemed to really have a great time. I was so proud of them today. They were so kind and loving to me and even each other. We had lunch at Chilli's and then headed home. We ended our day by going on a bike ride and finally watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua. What a great Mother's Day! I only wish that I could have shared it with my mother, grandmother and my sister. That would have made it perfect.

3 comments:

The Bright Family said...

Cami said I was 6 feet tall and 20 lbs.--loved it. :) Looks like you had a great day & yes, I'm sunburned (I know) more than you--my face has red lines where my glasses weren't--real attractive. :)

Unknown said...

How adorable!! Aren't those homemade gifts the best??

Anonymous said...

I teared up reading your Mother's Day blog. Aren't kids just totally awesome! Their enthusiasm and their sweet hearts! Your girls are precious!! I am happy your day was wonderful!! You look AWESOME!