CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 27, 2009





























The first day of school means new friends, new teachers and for Adiah a new school. This has been a year of firsts for all of us but especially Adiah. Two new schools in one year. Who wants that? Well, Adiah didn't know if she wanted it on the way to school the first day. Her little chin started quivering and her eyes got all watery and she said, "Momma, I wish I didn't take that test." She was so sad and so afraid of what she was about to walk into. She was worried about not seeing her old friends anymore and having to "learn a new school all over again". Well, she survived. She was so excited about her new friends and her teacher. As soon as she got home she ran to do her homework. I haven't seen her so excited in a while. She has actually carried that excitement through this whole week. I am so happy for her and feel so fortunate that she has an opportunity to learn at a school in a way that is more suited for her.







Ava on the other hand had no worries. She kept the same teacher and 6 of her friends from kindergarten. She still insisted on going to meet the teacher and hanging around as long as we could stretch it out. She is also very excited and happy about what this new year holds for her. I love her school and her teacher. She is getting ready to start T-ball next month and girl scouts as well. She is very social and loves to be the center of attention. Well, that is until someone points it out. She is always laughing and loves to play hard. I am so proud of her and can't wait to see what she will become.







Adiah has started ballet. I am very excited about this because she has not been very interested in much of anything other than video games and TV lately. She attends twice weekly and this is real ballet. Her teacher works them non-stop for 45 minutes. She actually works up a sweat in ballet. Never before. I can't watch her much while she's in class because she looks very bored and tired and that frustrates me. She says she is just trying to focus because her teacher is speaking French and she's trying to understand her. I get that. I would probably be the same way but my instinct is to try to make her better. Which I am learning is my issue not hers. She looks beautiful when she gives it her all and I can't wait to see what she will become.

No comments: