CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My only child

This week has been unusual for me because I am hanging out with just one of my girls. Adiah went to Tyler for a week and Ava and I have been doing the only child thing. Tonight I am a little sad because Adiah doesn't seem to miss me at all. This is all so new to me and I'm not sure how to deal with it really. I am Mom. I am supposed to be her world. What has happened to change this so fast. I want to say, "Adiah, I know you miss me. Why are you acting like you don't? Why are you TRYING to hurt me?" Of course I didn't but, I really wanted to. She has changed so much in the last 6 months and she is growing so fast. I am very proud of her and who she is becoming but, I didn't realize this would come so soon. I want my kids to stop growing and just stay little forever. How pathetic am I? Right now I have tears running down my face just thinking about her. And no, I am not hormonal either. This is truly upsetting.

On a lighter note, I have loved my time with Ava. She has the best personality and unfortunately I don't get to see it for what it really is very often. She tends to hide in her sister's shadow most of the time. She is so funny and loves to joke. We have laughed so much. Monday, Jason and I asked her what she wanted to do while Adiah was gone and she said, "play tennis." So we went to Academy and bought a couple of racquet's and balls. Yesterday we went and played for about an hour and had a blast. It was so hot but she was loving it.
Today we went down to the bay and road bikes on the seawall. I feel so lucky to be able to ride bikes along the ocean. I love just looking out at the water and knowing that this is where I live and I can come back tomorrow if I want. The water was green today and very choppy. The level was up about two feet at least so we were able to see it as we hadn't seen it before. Ava commented several times about how this or that area usually isn't covered with water. I started us way too far away so we didn't make it to the sno cone stand. Ooops! Ava was Ok with just getting a milkshake at the famous two-story Whataburger though. Thank goodness. :)
I can't wait to see what Ava wants to do tomorrow.

Miss you Adiah! :(

1 comment:

The Bright Family said...

what?!! you posted!!! :)

You KNOW Adiah is missing you!! But, yes, they are growing up so fast. I know how you can solve this problem---just have another baby (Karston wants to have a new boy friend). :)

oh---and Camee & I's day together wasn't as . . . um . . . fun as yours and Ava. :(